Many thanks for your
purchase! Your antique or vintage item is filled with pure-burning soya wax with a lead-free wick
& will last a surprisingly long time.
When the candle in your teacup, bowl, silver or pressed glass item has finished
any remaining wax has hardened & cooled, simply fill to the brim with cold water
allow to sit for a few hours or overnight: any wax at the bottom will float out, often in one piece. If it is stubborn, simply place the item
filled with cold water in the fridge & it should pop out quickly. Wash
with warm soapy water & it's ready to use again!
When lighting your candle be careful not to let matchsticks fall into the hot wax.
Always extinguish candles before moving them or leaving a room -- double-check they are truly out because candles can go on smouldering
& start a fire. Blow out candles gently to avoid sparks
or hot liquid wax flying.
Keep clothes & hair away from a burning candle. If there's any chance you could lean across a candle
& forget it's there,
move it elsewhere. Also, it is best not to light a candle under
shelves, as the flame releases a lot of
heat which could burn the surface above. Make sure there's at least one
metre (three feet) between a candle & any surface above it.
Never go to sleep with a candle still burning, & never leave a burning candle in a child's bedroom.